What’s the Big Idea 48 Hour Launch is a weekend-long business start-up summit designed to inspire entrepreneurial action. The competition will bring together bright minds March 1-3 to participate in an intensive period of prototyping, community building, planning, incubation, and launching.
The teams participating will be announced mid-February.
On Sunday, March 1st, the teams will participate in a public pitch competition at Scruffy City Hall. RSVP HERE!
The winning idea will be advanced to the Knoxville Entrepreneur Center’s CO.STARTER Program and will be eligible for up to $10,000 in business-launch reimbursement costs after completing the program.
Come on out on Sunday, March 1st to witness the growth of these teams over the weekend as they pitch their big ideas!
It’s that time of year again – applications are now open for KEC’s annual weekend-long accelerator!
Ever dreamed of being on Shark Tank? Know you’ve got the next big thing?
What’s The Big Idea is the event for you! Compete to win up to $10,000 in expense reimbursement in a 48-hour weekend business pitch competition.
Work side-by-side with local business mentors to craft the perfect pitch for your new business startup or idea. We have mentors that can help with your business plan from start to finish.
Who should apply?
– Applicants with a concept or new enterprise in the seed-capital, start-up, or pre-revenue stage
– Applicants who are at least 18 years old
– Applicants with a concept that could lead to potential growth and job creation in the Knoxville, TN area*
* Defined as being located in Knox County or a contiguous county including: Anderson, Blount, Jefferson, Grainger, Loudon, Roane, Sevier, and Union counties. More info about who should and shouldn’t apply
- 1/15 Applications Open
- 2/3 Applications Close
- 2/10 Selections Made + Finalists Announced
- 2/28-3/1 Competition Weekend
- 3/1 Finale + Pitch Competition