- This event has passed.
Applications open for What’s The Big Idea? 48-Hour Pitch Competition
It’s that time of year again – applications are now open for KEC’s annual weekend-long accelerator!
Ever dreamed of being on Shark Tank? Know you’ve got the next big thing?
What’s The Big Idea is the event for you! Compete to win up to $10,000 in expense reimbursement in a 48-hour weekend business pitch competition.
Work side-by-side with local business mentors to craft the perfect pitch for your new business startup or idea. We have mentors that can help with your business plan from start to finish.
Who should apply?
– Applicants with a concept or new enterprise in the seed-capital, start-up, or pre-revenue stage
– Applicants who are at least 18 years old
– Applicants with a concept that could lead to potential growth and job creation in the Knoxville, TN area*
* Defined as being located in Knox County or a contiguous county including: Anderson, Blount, Jefferson, Grainger, Loudon, Roane, Sevier, and Union counties. More info about who should and shouldn’t apply
- 1/15 Applications Open
- 2/3 Applications Close
- 2/10 Selections Made + Finalists Announced
- 2/28-3/1 Competition Weekend
- 3/1 Finale + Pitch Competition